Providing specialist care for you
We have a team of specialist doctors who support the community nurses and are available to your own doctor for advice and information.
Meet Our Doctors
Caring for you both at home and hospice
The Community Palliative Care Nursing Service provides:
- Home visits and support for patients living at home or in residential care
- 24-hour phone access for advice
- Liaison with general practitioners and other health professionals involved in the patient’s care
- Access to nursing care and some equipment to allow continued care at home
- Advice and support for carers
Our nursing team includes a Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner and experienced palliative care nurses. Our nurses work in four teams to cover geographical areas and they will plan your care with you, your family and Primary Health care Team, considering your individual goals and needs.
Our nurses visit 7 days a week if required. We assist with management of pain and other symptoms that may be causing concern. Our aim is to ensure that people are as independent and comfortable as possible. Because we provide a 7- day service, nurses other than your key nurse may visit from time to time.
24 HOUR TELEPHONE SUPPORT
Round the clock care
You may ring the hospice any time, day or night for advice. No matter how small a problem may seem, we are happy to discuss it.
Our aim is to ensure that you maintain optimal comfort and assist your family in supporting you at home.