Our staff provide and deliver hospice services both in the community and in our inpatient unit. There are also a group of other professionals surrounding and supporting our services including Family Support, Social Work, Administrators and Volunteers.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Community Palliative Care
- Casual Relief Retail Manager
- Volunteers for Ellerslie Hospice Shop
- Senior Fundraising Coordinator
Senior Fundraising Coordinator
Mercy Hospice Auckland (MHA) provides a range of specialist community palliative care and hospice services for people facing life-limiting illnesses, caring for them with the utmost professional skill, compassion and quality of service.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Senior Fundraising Coordinator to work very closely with the Fundraising Team Leader. This role is responsible for ensuring financial stability of Mercy Hospice Auckland by improving the quality of professional fundraisers in the team through coaching and mentoring. In the absence of the Fundraising Team Leader the Senior Fundraising Coordinator will have delegated authority and lead the fundraising team.
We are looking for someone special. A passionate, experienced generalist fundraiser with excellent verbal communication, relationship management skills and a demonstrated working team culture.
- 5 years relevant generalist fundraising, including experience of managing several of the following areas – events, bequests, grants and/or community fundraising
- Proven people and team management and motivating skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven budgeting and financial management skills
- Demonstrable experience in managing demanding workloads
- A commitment to excellent supporter care
- A good values match for our organisation
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to take your career to the next level while making a tangible difference to those facing palliative care. Based in Ponsonby, you will work for a very special place with a strong history, mission, culture and values.
The hours of work are generally 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday but these are negotiable for the right candidate.
Applications close 9th April 2017, or when a suitable applicant has been found.
Please apply through Seek.
For more information and a position description please contact Sandy McGregor, Fundraising Manager on (09) 3767573 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Nurse Specialist: Community Palliative Care
Mercy Hospice Auckland provides specialist palliative care services for people facing life limiting illnesses in the Auckland City and the central suburbs area. Applications are sought for a committed and experienced senior nurse to join our Community Palliative Care (CPC) team.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist you will be a role model of excellence in nursing knowledge and advanced clinical practice. You will be expected to coach and mentor a small team of (3-4) palliative care nurses in a designated area of Auckland City.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate outstanding leadership, project development/management and people management skills for the CPC team. Being a champion of the Mercy Hospice values; dignity, respect, compassion, advocacy, quality and stewardship is a must.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing a case load of patients with complex palliative care needs
- Delivering packages of education to community palliative care providers
- Supporting the use and sustainability of the ADHB Last Days of Life Care Plan to Residential Care Facilities
- Project managing initiatives in the provision of community palliative care
The successful applicant will have:
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in palliative care
- Current practising certificate
- A post graduate Diploma qualification in palliative care nursing minimum or studying towards a palliative care focused PG Diploma
- Proven interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- Current drivers licence
This is a permanent position, working 72hrs per fortnight (0.9FTE)
Applications Close: 24th March 2017
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, setting out
your reason for making the application to: Renee Fletcher - HR
Casual Relief Retail Manager
Mercy Hospice Auckland provides a range of specialist community palliative care and hospice services for people facing life limiting illnesses, caring for them with the utmost professional skill, compassion and quality of service.
Our nine retail shops help us to raise funds which enable us to provide our specialist service free of charge to all patients and families within the Central Auckland area. Without the great relationships we have with customers and the regular donation of goods, we would not be able to raise these vital funds.
We are looking for a passionate and committed Casual Relief Retail Manager to provide cover for our nine retail shops as and when needed.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the operational aspects and daily activity of the shop on behalf of the permanent Retail Manager.
- Demonstrating outstanding customer service skills.
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with both the customers, volunteers and also when providing a handover to the Retail Manager.
- Managing and sorting incoming donations.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in retail with management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, an approachable attitude and a team player.
- A high energy approach and a passion for customer service.
- Ability to manage a busy and varied work load.
Applications close: 12th March 2017
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter, setting out
your reason for making this application to: Renee Fletcher – HR
Seeking Volunteers for Ellerslie Hospice Shop
We are seeking Volunteers for our Ellerslie Homeware store.
Come and join our team and help turn second hand goods into first class care for our patients and families using Mercy Hospice services. Our Ellerslie Shop offers a great community vibe, an opportunity to meet new people, and develop retail skills. Duties are one 3 hour session per week or fortnight, Monday-Saturday, 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm.
Contact Julie Reid on 361 5966 or Julie.Reid@mercyhospice.org.nz